Make Your Own Holistic Travel Medicine Kit! Don’t Travel Without
The Remedy #5
Has your travel experience ever got dampened by some sudden sickness or any other minor illnesses, discomforts? I know this can be really frustrating! I have compiled a quick list of Holistic Remedies which I think EVERY Traveler should carry. Don’t get intimidated by altitude or motion sickness, Food Poisoning, Insomnia and Jet Lag! Learn how you can deal with these naturally and many other small tips and tricks that can make your Travel Joyful and Memorable!
There are several Herbs and Homeopathic Remedies that can do wonders. These Remedies are safe for everyone including Babies, Children, Pregnant (skip Fennel, rest of the remedies are safe) and Nursing Mamas. Here’s a quick list.
List Of Natural Remedies For Travelers
You can buy all these Remedies Here
1. Motion Sickness: (with severe Nausea and Vomiting) Take Homeopathic Medicine Tabacum 30c ( Find Here) just before getting into the Vehicle and every 1-2 hours if its required. Cocculus 30c (Find Here) is another remedy that works really well for Motion sickness.
2. Sea Sickness: Same Remedy Tabacum 30c can be used for Sea Sickness too. Tabacum is good not only for Motion or Sea Sickness but it also does wonders for Morning Sickness so if you are Pregnant and traveling you might not want to be without this remedy.
3. Altitude Sickness: Going up higher but your body is not able to deal with? Take Coca 30c every2 hours until you get a complete relief. Its an excellent remedy for Altitude Sickness.
4 .Cuts and Wounds: Wash the wound with clean water first. Then wash it again with a mixture of Apple Cider Vinegar and water. Apply Tea Tree and Lavender Essential Oils. To speed up the healing process and deal with pain use a mixture of Hypericum and Calendula Tincture. If its a puncture wound take Ledum 30c twice a day for 3 days, it has anti-tetanus properties.
5. Food Poisoning and Diarrhea: Take Arsenicum 30c at the first sign of Food Poisoning. If its a watery and explosive diarrhea take Podophyllum 30c. Green watery stool calls for Mercurius 30c.
6. Fever: Take Aconite 200c (Homeopathic Vitamin C) if its a sudden fever. Belladonna 30c if the fever is sudden and very high, head feels burning hot but the limbs are cool to touch. Don’t have anything on hand? Then try this remedy:
Onion Sock Remedy For A Fever-
Slice some onions (white works better but if its not available red will do the job well), place them inside your socks and lie down, you can keep t overnight too. Your fever should break within a few hours. It also works on cold, cough and congestion.
7. Flu: Flu Season? Don’t travel without Gelsemium 30c or 200c. If taken on time it can reduce the duration of the flu and in most cases can heal you within a day or two. Take 30c every 2 hours if you are coming down with the flu or take 200c one dose as a preventative measure. You can also carry Eucalyptus, Lemon, Peppermint and Lavender Essential Oil, sprinkle some on a handkerchief and sniff it to keep the flu, cold and cough at bay.
Eucalyptus and Peppermint not safe for kids.
8. Jet Lag: Take Cocculus 30c every 12 hours 3 days before and after the flight.
9. Insomnia: New place might produce a temporary insomnia in some people. Take Coffea Cruda 30c , its the most useful remedy for Insomnia. If the Insomnia is due to excessive caffeine consumption Nux Vomica 30c also works really well. Kali Phos 30c for Insomnia caused by hyperactive mind and stress.
Lavender Essential Oil is another wonderful remedy for Insomnia. just put 5-6 drops on your pillow or a handkerchief or diffuse it in the room.
Drink a cup of Warm milk with a pinch of Cinnamon and Nutmeg before going to bed for deep and peaceful sleep. (Small amount of Nutmeg and Cinnamon is safe to use during Pregnancy).
10. Bites and Stings: Ledum 30c twice a day for 3 days if its a puncture wound. Arnica 30c once a day for 1-2 days for the pain. Apis 30c twice a day for 3 days for Bee or any other insect and Jellyfish Stings.
11. Constipation: Take Nux Vomica 30c 2 doses 12 hours apart.
Emergency Situations: (Seek Medical help immediately and use these remedies while you are on your way to the Hospital)
Cayenne Tincture helps with blood circulation and can be used during a heart attack to promote circulation.
Note: The Cayenne pepper must be at least 90,000 heat units or 90,000(H.U.) to be able to stop a heart attack.
Carbo Veg 200c (Carbo veg is a homeopathic oxygen) so you might want to carry it for emergency situations.
Arnica 200c Arnica 200c prevents internal bleeding so it can be used during an accident.
Other Tips and Remedies:
Mag Phos is a Homeopathic Aspirin so don’t forget to carry it. 30c Potency as and when required for Migraine and any other pain.
Keep some Cloves for nausea and vomiting. Homeopathic Ipecac 30c (not the Ipecac that is used for inducing vomiting) also works really well in stopping vomiting and nausea.
Carry some Fennel Seeds and have after every meal for smooth digestion.
Bach Spray made with 5 Flower Remedies can be very helpful during stress and anxiety.
Need more extensive list of Remedies? I highly recommend this Book for Travelers.
Do you want me to add anything else (any other discomfort/sickness) to this list? Please let me know and I will update the list 🙂