Natural Flu Remedies for Children and Adults
Flu season is here and I can already hear people talk about Flu Shots! I have never got a flu jab in my entire life and will never get it! Why? Because it simply doesn’t work and does so many harms instead. Flu vaccine is nothing but a guesswork and recipe for disaster. Flu vaccines can also cause lifelong disabilities and death!
From the CDC website:
“The seasonal influenza vaccine is designed to protect against the influenza viruses research indicates are most likely to spread and cause illness among people during the upcoming flu season. Flu viruses are constantly changing, so the vaccine is updated each year based on which influenza viruses are making people sick, how those viruses are spreading, and how well the previous season’s vaccine protects against those viruses.
More than 100 national influenza centers in over 100 countries conduct year-round surveillance for influenza. This involves receiving and testing thousands of influenza virus samples from patients with suspected flu illness. “
So the guesswork begins there!
So what’s in a standard Flu Vaccine (Flu Jab or Flu shot whatever it is called)?
Flu Shot Ingredients: (taken from the CDC website)
Aluminum, Formaldehyde, Egg Protein, Sugar, Gelatin, MSG, Neomycin, Sulfa Drugs, Thimerosal (Mercury) and so called guessed Flu strains
Side Effects of the Flu Shot:
This is from my old post from last year, 12 Natural Remedies For The Flu
“Common side effects are high fever, runny nose, sore throat, vomiting and diarrhea. Rare side effect includes Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS)( is a rare disorder in which a person’s own immune system damages the nerve cells, causing muscle weakness and sometimes paralysis). Huh! Really? So what’s the point taking a flu shot when you get the same symptoms after being injected with the toxic thimerosal (ethylmercury) containing Influenza shot?
You wouldn’t want to deal with the nasty side effects of the Flu shot when you can prevent and fight (in case you are already down with a Flu), would you?
Flu can be prevented and treated at home. Pregnant Women, Children, Older People and people who are immunocompromised are likely to catch the Flu and the best bet is to boost your immunity so that you can stay away from the Flu or fight it and recover quickly even if you get it.”
The amount of mercury contained in a multi-dose flu shot is much higher than the maximum allowable daily exposure limit. Mercury toxicity can cause memory loss, depression, ADD, oral health problems, digestive imbalances, respiratory problems, cardiovascular diseases and many more such serious health ailments.
Do you think its worth taking a chance with your health after seeing this ingredient list which is full of Carcinogens and Neurotoxins?
So what natural ingredient am I talking about?
Most of you would have guessed it already. Yes, I am talking about “ONION”. And those who are hearing of this remedy for the first time must be thinking, “Are you kidding me?”.
I am serious! Onion works like magic in preventing and treating various illnesses especially viral infections (it has antibacterial properties too). Onion has been used in Ayurveda to treat coughs, colds, flus, heart disease, diabetes(heart disease and diabetes have nothing to do with virus or bacteria but onion has been used to treat those too) insect bites and other viral diseases for thousands of years. Onion has anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties so when you cut an onion its aroma spreads throughout the room and that’s when it starts to work. You inhale all its goodness which helps in boosting your immunity naturally. There are many ways you can use an Onion to prevent and treat the flu but here are 5 main ways :
5 Ways to Use Onion to prevent the flu (and treat in case if you have already been hit by it)
1. Cut Onion: Yes, its as simple as that! Just cut an onion into 2 pieces, keep it in a bowl and keep it in your room (you can place one onion in each room, kitchen, bathroom if you want). Don’t worry your house will not stink, at least I don’t mind a little smell if it means I can protect my family from the Flu! We change it everyday but you can keep it for up to a week, some people use uncut onion and keep it for 2-3 months (not sure if that works because you wouldn’t be inhaling its anti-viral aroma but people swear by it).
2. Onion Socks: Are you laughing out loud? Some friends of mine surely did when I first told them about this trick and now they are the ones who are in love with their onion socks. No, you don’t have to roam in onion socks feeling conscious of how you smell. You wear it only when you come in contact with someone with the flu or you feel that you are just about to come down with the flu. You know that fluish feeling, scratchy throat, burning eyes, that feeling which says something is not working in my body correctly, I need to fix it up soon. Yes, that’s when you take out your lovely pair of socks (even an ugly old pair will do) and stuff it up with thin onion slices and go to bed. You will be amazed to see what it does. If you are having a trouble with that non-stop stubborn cough or burning eyes, it will be gone in a few hours. You will have a restful night and that proud feeling when you wake up because you kicked the flu’s butt without using any toxins. This is the best remedy for the babies and children, you will notice how their congestion improves overnight and they sleep peacefully through the night.
3. Onion Poultice: This works the same ways as a sock but instead of socks you use a thin muslin cloth. Chop an onion finely and put it in a muslin cloth and use safety pins to secure the edges. Now place this poultice on the soles of the feet, chest or throat. It also works amazingly well on ear infection (place it behind the ears to treat an ear infection).
4. Onion Steam: Ok, this is not for a lighthearted person because it will make you cry! But that 2 minutes of tears is absolutely worth it! Use this remedy if you have already been hit by the cold,cough,flu and are severely congested.
Boil 2 cups water. Put thin slices of 1 onion and boil for 30 seconds. Wrap your head with a large towel and inhale its steam (its like using any other herbal steam/vapor). Do this for 1-2 minutes (take a break if its aroma is too strong for you).
5. Onion Anti-Flu Tonic (Nature’s Flu Shot): Eat as much raw onion as you can during the flu season. It really helps keep a flu at bay. You can use this recipe and take it daily during the flu season(once a day) to prevent the flu and 2-3 times a day to treat the flu if you have already caught it.
This tonic or syrup also uses other powerful herbs and spices to make it even more effective.
For this recipe you will need:
1/2 Cup Raw Honey (Manuka Honey works really well)
1/2 Cup Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
Juice of 1 Onion (freshly grated and squeezed)
1 Tbsp. Ginger Juice (freshly grated and squeezed)
1 Tbsp. Freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
1 Tsp. Cinnamon Powder
Mix everything together and store in a Glass Jar in a refrigerator. Before every use keep the mixture outside for sometime or mix the required quantity with some warm water and take it, it works better this way.
Do not give honey to babies under 1 year.
This Tonic is very effective in treating coughs, sore throats and reducing the symptoms of Flu and can be taken by anyone.
Skip Cinnamon if you are Pregnant.
Click here to read my old post, 12 Natural Remedies to Prevent and Treat the Flu
So are you ready to Flu Proof your body and home this season?